Current Positions Available
Business Services Intermediate/Senior Accountant || Part or Full-time
If you have an opinion that you want heard, thrive in a team environment, and have a genuine enthusiasm to help small to medium businesses achieve their goals; let’s talk.
We are a growing firm and are looking for someone who wants to become a leader within the accounting industry. Let’s be real, this position is not suited to someone who wants to be told what to do and simply work behind the scenes.
This is ideal opportunity for an intermediate business services accountant who wants to step into a senior position or a senior looking for a change. The role will provide you with an opportunity to work more closely with clients under the guidance of the firm’s director. The firm itself is comprises a small team of business advisers, utilising cloud-based programs to deliver practical & timely business solutions.
This is a full-time position, however it's also open to applicants looking for a part-time role.
What we Offer
Beyond the day to day delivery of business services, our team members also have a say in the direction of the firm. Meaning you have a genuine opportunity to not only add value but to also take control of your own advancement within the industry.
The Ideal Candidate
You will be passionate about assisting businesses, whilst understanding the challenges, risks and rewards facing small and medium business owners, who has:
- CA/CPA qualifications
- 4+ years of public practice experience
- Energy, attention, attitude, and a solution focused mindset
- Excellent communication skills
- Above average knowledge of relevant legislation to assist clients with income tax, CGT, GST, FBT, workers’ compensation, payroll tax, land tax and SMSF matters
- Strong understanding of business structuring
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Working knowledge of Xero and ideally Class
- An understanding of the importance of insurance, and other business and personal “safety nets”
How to Apply
Please email your cover letter and CV to Troyw@vbd.com.au, with the subject header Business Services Accountant.
Essential for all Team Members, you must:
- Have an extremely high attention to detail
- Be target driven
- Want to help others achieve their goals
- Excellent customer service focus